Copper(II) sulfate pentahydrate - 100g
|Copper(II) sulfate is the chemical compound with the formula CuSO4. The anhydrous form is a pale green or gray-white powder, whereas the pentahydrate (CuSO4·5H2O), the most commonly encountered salt, is bright blue.
Copper sulfate reacts with concentrated hydrochloric acid. In the reaction the blue solution of copper(II) turns green, due to the formation of tetrachlorocuprate(II):
- Cu2+ + 4 Cl– → CuCl42–
It also reacts with more reactive metals than copper (eg. Mg, Fe, Zn, Al, Sn, Pb etc.):
CuSO4 + Zn → ZnSO4 + Cu
CuSO4 + Fe → FeSO4 + Cu
CuSO4 + Mg → MgSO4 + Cu
CuSO4 + Sn → SnSO4 + Cu
3CuSO4 + 2Al → Al2(SO4)3 + 3 Cu
The information contained herein is believed to be accurate and is offered in good faith for the user's consideration and investigation. No warranty is expressed or implied regarding the completeness or accuracy of this information, whether originating from chem Kit Depot LLC. or from an alternate source. Users of this material should satisfy themselves by independent investigation of current scientific and medical information that this material may be safely handled.
Be aware, that the chemical(s) contained in this site are prepackaged in small quantities and are intended for educational use in experiments by students and/or educators/home schoolers.
By purchasing this item, you agree to:
- NOT hold Chem Kit Depot LLC liable in any form.
- Accept all responsibility for the purchased item once it has left our facility.
- Use this product for the purposes intended by the seller.
- Obey ALL LOCAL, COUNTY, STATE and FEDERAL LAWS governing the use of this product.
- Read the Material Data Safety sent with the product and follow the recommendations.
- Will dispose of chemicals in the proper manner.
- Are 21 years or older.
We reserve the right to limit the quantities on any chemical!!